Saturday, February 28, 2015

The Promised Land

In Genesis 15:18-21;...I read that God first made a covenant with Abram which at this time was not Jewish.and said, to your descendants...I give this land, from the wadi of Egypt to the great river, the Euphrates. In Genesis 28:13; it shows that the promise was confirm to Abraham son Isaac, and then to Isaac's son Jacob. Which is now Abraham's grandson. Jacob who God renamed Israel...and from Jacob son Judah which is Abraham's great-grandson comes,..the term Jews. The Promise Land was given to his decendents after Moses led the Hebrews out of Egypt.(Deuteronomy 1:8). As I study I find the Promise Land is truly a land of milk and honey...this homeland given by God is a speacial place;...and its the only place on God's  green earth where the Hebrew people can achieve their mission. This is a place of obedience, spirituality, a place of tremendous potential,...and the only way the Israelites can live on this land and prosper,...they must maintain a upstanding relationship with our "King",...and carry on the mission of our forefather Abraham. This land that God promised to Israel included;... the Nile River in Egypt to Lebanon. ( North and South) from the Mediterranean Sea to the Euphrates River (east and west). Which known in todays time as Palestines, Jordan and some parts of Saudi Arabia and Iraq. This promise was unconditional. Our Father confirmed this promise. This promise is mentioned least over 55 times with an oath and stated,...at least 12 times, that the covenant was everlasting and God indeed honored "His"...promise bringing the Israelites into the Promise Land, 40 years after freeing the Exodus from Egypt.

"When I think about the Promise Land, I think on the terms Heaven or Paradise,...and as an escape from slavery." And it takes me back to a speech made by "Martin Luther King, Jr in April of the 3rd day in 1968 @ the Mason Temple Church of God in Christ Headquarters in Memphis, Tennessee." "Mr. King stated that he have been to the mountain top. I just want to do God's will...and he has allowed me to go up to the  mountain and I've looked over. And I've seen the Promise Land. I may not get there with you. But I want you to know tonight, that we as people, will get to the Promised Land. So I'm happy, tonight. I am not worried about anything.I am not fearing any man. Mine eyes have seen the glory of the coming of the Lord. On April 4th, 1968; Martin Luther King Jr. was assassinated at the Lorraine Motel in Memphis just like Jesus was on the cross." King was a prophet like so many others that have seen the Promise Land... but what I will leave with you is that every boy, girl, man women, child, Gentile, Buddhism, Catholicism,...will bow and Worship our King when he returns those that believe in Christ. And those that do not believe will burn into a lake of fire for an eternity. " I believe that impossible things are happening everyday and...its possbile that my change has come...through my Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. (Roman 10:9); states if you confess with your mouth that Jesus is Lord and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved. May God have the blessing of the sharing of his word. Amen!!! I love you Lord!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment